Daily from 07/15/2018 to 07/20/2018
Sleep Away Camp at Good Earth Village
Grades 2* - 5 (completed)
*2nd grade stays for two nights, all others may stay five nights
Times: 3:00 pm on July 15 to noon on July 20
Where: Good Earth Village in Spring Valley (Southeastern MN, near Lanesboro)
Staff involvement: Joan Hartman will be joining the kids this year at camp for most of the week. She'll be staying in the same building as the youngest group.
Age groupings: In an effort to acclimate kids to a sleep away experience, G.E.V. places the youngest kids in the rooms that have the most creature comforts (Log Lodge). As kids age, they transition to more rustic accommodations. Check out the websites for pictures.
Each group has a “swing grade”. For these kids, you decide which group your child should join based on his/her friend group and desired accommodations.
Grades 2-4 (2 nights, we suggest the beginning of the week July 15-17): Log Lodge
Grades 3-5 (5 nights): Hilltop Cabins
Cost: GEV uses tiered pricing. That way, more families are able to afford the camp fee.
- 2nd-4th grade, "Settlers" 2-night stay click HERE
- 3rd-5th grade, "Pathfinders" 5-night stay, click HERE
Discounts and deadlines:
- The first 10 campers who register from WBLUMC will receive a $100 camp scholarship. Contact Joan for the code.
- Register by April 29th and receive a free limited edition t-shirt
- Register by March 25th and Save 10% with code EARLY18
- Register siblings for camp and Save 15% with code SIBLING18
Ready to register? Contact Joan to ensure that your child is included in our church group.