- Phone: (651) 429-9026
- Mailing Address: 1851 Birch St., White Bear Lake, MN, 55110
WBLUMC normally offers the use of our church for weddings, funerals, community meetings, and other events, subject to compatibility of mission and values. However, during the COVID-19 pandemic, we're severely limited in what we can offer.
Unfortunately, due to the rapid statewide increase of COVID-19 transmission, we have closed our building at least through Dec. 18; this applies to indoor worship, office hours, group events and meetings. Staff will work remotely, so feel free to email them directly. For general information, please contact . Thank you for your understanding.
When our building reopens, all group members must agree to abide by these protocols for the health and safety of everyone who enters our building during the COVID-19 pandemic. Thank you!
1. We require someone from your group to contact the office to request an event, and you must make an appointment to meet with office staff at least a week before your scheduled event. This is so we can review and clarify procedures with you and check out a key if necessary, since church hours are limited. Please contact Patricia Kytola, director of operations, at or Lauri Hopple, administrative assistant, at to request a date and to set up an appointment.
2. We require everyone in your group to properly wear a mask at all times inside WBLUMC. If you forget or don't have a mask, WBLUMC has them available on the table outside the office.
3. We require that you take attendance (first and last name with contact information) during your meeting in case WBLUMC experiences an outbreak of COVID-19. We prefer that church members use Realm for attendance; please contact the office for assistance in learning how to do this. Otherwise, please email a list of attendees to the office. No paper lists, please.
4. Please use the touchless hand-sanitizers at the entrance upon arrival. WBLUMC will also provide hand-sanitizer in meeting rooms, and we encourage people to use it frequently.
5. Meeting rooms are limited to four with capacity restrictions: Rooms 200 (8 people maximum), 206 (7 max) and Fellowship Hall (12 max) on the main floor; and room 107 (9 max) on the lower level. We'll assign you the best room available for the size of your group.
6. Use only your reserved room. Please do not switch rooms without prior approval as another group could be scheduled to use it. Also, please do not enter other rooms or areas marked as closed.
7. Chairs are set up at 6 feet apart in all directions in the meeting rooms; please don't move them. No tables are permitted.
8. Please maintain a social distance of 6 feet, and refrain from physical-touch greetings or mingling indoors before or after the meeting.
9. Only one person or family group permitted in restrooms; please use the sanitizing wipes provided in each stall to clean any surface you touch while using the bathroom, including the light switch on your way out.
10. At the end of your event, we require your group to sanitize the chairs and other surfaces touched during your meeting. The church provides a bucket with cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer and wipes. You'll receive instructions on this item when you meet with church staff. Please notify staff if supplies are running low in bathrooms, buckets or entrance sanitizers.
11. If no staff member is present when you're ready to leave, your group is responsible for turning off room and hallway lights and for locking the East doors (or others you may have unlocked).
12. Most importantly! Stay healthy, but please stay home if you're sick or have been in contact with anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19!